Monday, May 14, 2012

Heating with Geothermal ... "Just A Few Dollars"

A Message (and testimony) from a Geothermal client to a prospective Geothermal client ... 

Cape Cod Geothermal ... this one is a closed loop geothermal system that provides all the necessary heating and cooling to a 2800 sqft home on Cape Cod.  


The owner has had an excellent winter heating season experience with comfortable humidity levels and a very small electrical load which was offset by solar PV panels ...

This particular client combined geothermal with solar PV for a near net zero for all heating, lighting, and appliance energy consumption. 

Please read on ...

-----Original Message-----
From: XXXXX
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 08:54 AM
To: edward.malloy@nerenewable.com, XXXXX@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Geothermal Experience ...

Dear XXXX,

As per nearly one complete heating season with the use of an all electric geothermal water-to-air system, I am completely satisfied. Although my new home is extremely well insulated and requires a minimal heat load.

I do find that the geothermal pump produces a lower temperature air than the typical oil fired system which makes interior air quality less dry. My humidity levels are so comfortable that I am not even using the built-in humidifier.

My entire electric bill for a 2400 sqft home which includes heat, hot water, lighting, and appliances would have been under $500 for the whole winter. But since I have a solar array on my roof supplying the electricity, my bill was just a few dollars.

The folks at NERES were a pleasure to work with. Their knowledge and experience exceeded my expectations.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me directly at:

XXX-XXX-XXXX

Sincerely,

XXXXXXX

2 comments:

  1. I do find that the geothermal pump produces a lower temperature air than the typical oil fired system which makes interior air quality less dry. My humidity levels are so comfortable that I am not even using the built-in humidifier. flow center

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing an efficient heating or cooling system for your house will help you maintain healthy indoor temperatures, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and wield your power bill.

    Better Heating & Cooling

    ReplyDelete